- The IT team leader is responsible for envisioning and setting goals in the information technology department of a company.
- His/her job description includes processing, storing, transmitting and protecting information in the organization.
- He/she creates a vision and then inspires other team members to jointly achieve them.
- He/she ensures that every team member has a role to play in achieving set goals and targets.
- The leader is a keen team player who teaches his/her mates how to cooperate in order to achieve organizational goals and targets, and also coordinates other team members.
- To be effective on the job he/she must understand basic information technology specialties like computer networking, web development and management, programming, data and network security, as well as data entry.
- Along with their team mates, they are responsible for developing software and programs for use in the organization, and also perform regular updates of the software.
- They would also be in charge of maintaining the company’s website and protecting it against all security attacks and compromise.
- Team leaders in the IT department carry out regular assessment of the company’s systems and operations to ascertain level of exposure to risk, and then take further steps to eliminate or manage them.